Each week, we provide over 7,000 hours of in-home services at more than 90 locations in Franklin County. We provide 24-hour on-call support, and our staff is trained to address many vital needs, including medication administration, CPR, first aid, behavior support and crisis intervention. In addition, we provide a comprehensive range of services from the planning and preparation of meals to budgeting and financial assistance. These services can be billed to a waiver or paid for privately. We work in conjunction with a team of people to develop an individual service plan that fits within the life goals of every person we serve. For more information about the Franklin County Board of Developmental Disabilities’ services and Supported Living programming at Goodwill Columbus, call 614-583-0422, email Jamie.Kinzelman@gwcols.com or fax 614.294.6895. (On call after hour emergency line is 614-648-1856.)
Unique Features of Goodwill Columbus’s Supported Living Program:
- Weekly classes that promote independence and skill-building, as well as building upon skills already learned.
- A variety of recreational and social activities throughout the community.
- Our Supported Living staff transports individuals to community outings in personal and company-owned vehicles, including a number of wheelchair-accessible vans.
- Exercise facilities and nutrition education through our Health and Wellness program.
- Organized advocacy groups, fitness classes, recreational activities, vacations, and in developing relationships within their own communities.
- Activities on holidays for those who are not able to be with their families.
- Supported Living collaborates with Goodwill Columbus’s Workforce Development program to assist any individual with a documented developmental disability to develop job skills as well as find and retain competitive employment, regardless of his or her FCBDD eligibility.
- Two social workers and one manager on staff are dedicated to organizing and implementing classes and activities.
- Our office is open daily from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. After office hours, we provide 24-hour emergency support via our on-call messaging system.